Thursday 31 May 2012

Reflection prompts

A lady at work was asking me about my husband today, as she hadn't realised I'm married.

I then got into my car and the cd I grabbed from the mishmash was our wedding background music. As it played, and I drove a route I often take, my thoughts lingered on all the ways life fits together and just how blessed we are.

The universe throws things together to give you a prod every so often. These comments and the choice of cd were my prod. It's been nearly two years and life has a solid rhythm, a predictability that has dangers within it. Dangers of complacency, of routine, of numbness and feeling stifled when that isn't the whole picture at all.

The reminder to focus on what gives everyday meaning was well timed and appreciated, thank you universe.

(the soundtrack includes Venus by Holst, the feather theme from Forrest Gump and some of Craig Armstrong's compositions for love actually and Romeo&Juliet. I recommend any/all of them to soften your outlook when its been hardened by too many to do lists and everyday demands)

No comments:

Post a Comment